Disclosures of reportable conduct must be based on information that is directly known to the person making the disclosure. That person must have reasonable grounds to suspect the alleged conduct has occurred and be made in good faith.
A disclosure can be made to:
- AIA Manager or Manager once removed (employees only),
- AIA Human Resources Business Partner (employees only),
- external AIA Ethics and Compliance Hotline on 0508 061 611,
- external AIA Ethics and Compliance website www.aiaethicsline.com,
- AIA Chief Risk Officer.
The AIA Ethics and Compliance service includes an independent, externally managed 24-hour phone line and website which are both dedicated to reporting suspected or actual misconduct.
Disclosures to either the AIA Ethics and Compliance Hotline or the AIA Ethics and Compliance website may be made anonymously. If the whistleblower elects to remain anonymous when making the disclosure, they will be provided with a unique reference number. The whistleblower can continue to anonymously contact the AIA Ethics and Compliance Hotline and quote this reference number to:
- provide further information regarding the disclosure; and/or
- express any concerns about their protection and request the Whistleblower Protection Officer's details.
Information received from the whistleblower will be treated strictly confidentially, and will not be shared unless:
- the whistleblower has been consulted and consented to the disclosure in writing; or
- we are compelled by law to do so.
Any breach of confidentiality in relation to the disclosure or whistleblower's identity will be taken seriously, and will be subject to investigation and potential disciplinary action.