For a limited time, AIA New Zealand Limited (AIA) is offering our customers the chance to have their premiums on eligible policies covered (up to $1,500) for a year (Campaign). To go into the draw, apply for a new, eligible policy during December 2022 and have the policy issued by 31 December 2022.
The terms and conditions (Terms) for the Campaign are set out below. Please take the time to read the Terms as they contain important information about the Campaign including eligibility criteria and key dates.
- The Campaign starts on Thursday 1 December at 00:01am and ends Saturday 31 December 2022 at 23:59pm.
- Eligible Policy means any of the following:
- AIA Living – Personal
- AIA Living – Business
- AIA Private Health
- AIA Private Health Plus
- AIA Cancer Care
- AIA Start-Up Income Protection
- ASB Lifestyle Security Plan – Personal
- ASB Lifestyle Security Plan – Business
- ASB Start-up Income Protection
- ASB Private Health
- ASB Private Health Plus
Increases in cover (otherwise known as “top-up’s”) will be treated as an Eligible Policy only when your benefit has been fully underwritten, and that benefit is issued under a new policy that meets the Eligible Policy criteria.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following policies are not Eligible Policies:
- any policy which replaces an existing Sovereign, ASB or AIA policy and/or benefit where there has been no underwriting;
- any special event or future insurability increase; or
- a compulsory workplace risk product.
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents or businesses who apply for, and are issued with, a new Eligible Policy between 00:01am on 1 December 2022 and 23:59pm on 31 December 2022 (Eligible Customer).
- The prize is one year’s premiums (up to the value of $1,500) on any Eligible Policy(ies) applied for and issued to an Eligible Customer during the Campaign (Prize).
- All Eligible Policies applied for and issued during the Campaign will automatically be placed in the draw to win a Prize.
- There are 50 Prizes to be won. An Eligible Customer can only win one Prize.
- The Prize draw will take place on Friday 13 January 2023.
- Prize winners will be contacted using the details provided in their policy application.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash.
- All decisions made in relation to this Campaign will be made by AIA at its sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The availability of insurance cover is subject to your application being approved. All applications are subject to individual consideration and normal underwriting criteria. Special conditions, exclusions or premium loadings may apply. An excess may apply for health insurance policies. For full details, refer to the relevant policy document.
- AIA Vitality Membership fees are excluded from this Campaign.
- Eligible Customers are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
- Prize winners will be credited by AIA with one year’s premium on their Eligible Policy(ies) applied for and issued during the Campaign up to $1,500:
- Prize winners paying monthly, fortnightly or weekly will have regular payments waived for a year (from the date of their next payment instalment after 20 January 2023) or up to the value of $1,500 whichever comes first.
- Prize winners who have already paid their first premium annually upfront will be refunded their annual premium up to the value of $1,500.
- All personal information will be held in accordance with AIA’s and ASB’s (if applicable) current Privacy Statement available at www.aia.co.nz/privacy and www.asb.co.nz/privacy.
- AIA reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate the Campaign and these Terms at any time.
- These Terms are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with New Zealand law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- All questions regarding eligibility for the Campaign and these Terms, or any dispute arising in connection with the Campaign should be addressed to AIA for resolution. Any decision made by AIA in relation to the Campaign (including in relation to any dispute) is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by AIA to enforce any of its rights does not constitute waiver of those rights.