Ideally you should meet with your Insurance Adviser and review your policies every year. It is common for people to not know exactly what policies they have or what they are covered for.
If your circumstances have changed, or you can no longer afford the premiums, your Insurance Adviser can assist you in restructuring your cover so that it is relevant to your current needs.
If you’ve had a special event in your life (see list below), some policies may allow you to increase your cover without further medical evidence.
Special events include:
- marriage or civil union
- divorce or legal separation
- salary increase for a career change
- taking full-time care of a dependant
- tertiary education of a child
- taking out or increasing a mortgage.
For assistance, call us free on 0800 800 242.