AIA NZ is supporting customers severely impacted by Cyclone Gabrielle by offering a one-month insurance premium waiver.
AIA NZ Chief Distribution Officer Sharron Botica says, “The pictures and stories coming in from the communities impacted by Cyclone Gabrielle have been devastating to see and hear. Our thoughts are with the people who have been affected. Thank you also to those financial advisers who continue to work hard to support their customers dealing with the aftermath of these events.”
“AIA’s impacted customers who live or work in Northland, Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Tairāwhiti Gisborne, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Wellington or, Manawatu-Wanganui and have suffered serious damage to either their home or business from Cyclone Gabrielle, are eligible to request a one-month premium waiver from 20 February 2023 until 31 March 2023. Customers will remain covered and can still make claims during the relief period.”
- AIA NZ is offering support to impacted customers who are living or working in Northland, Auckland, Hawkes Bay, Tairāwhiti Gisborne, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Wellington or, Manawatu-Wanganui.
- Applications for the offer can be made from 20 February 2023.
- Impacted policy owners holding retail risk or health products will be entitled to one month’s premium waiver relief regardless of their payment frequency.
- To be eligible, customers will need to either: provide evidence of a house, contents, vehicle, or business insurance claim lodged as a result of Cyclone Gabrielle; provide photographic evidence of significant damage to their home or business as a result of Cyclone Gabrielle; or have been displaced from their home as a result of Cyclone Gabrielle.
- The offer will be available until 31 March through either,
- Financial advisers via live chat or by contacting the AIA Adviser Relationship Team by phone on 0800 768 287, or
- Impacted customers can contact our AIA Customer team directly by phone on 0800 500 108 or live chat (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm).
- Find more information, including FAQs and details on the eligibility for support on this page.