So here is a healthy twist on this classic favourite!
For the Raspberry Jelly
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 4 tbs water
- 1 tbs maple syrup (optional)
For the Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk or cream
- 2 large ripe banana sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
How to make it:
- 250g dark chocolate - melted
- Soak chia seeds in the water for 5 minutes then whisk together with the raspberries in a blender (I used the food processor attachment on my awesome Kenwood Chef).
- Pour the raspberry mixture into the bottom of 8 ice cream moulds.
- Rinse blender then blend the coconut milk, banana and vanilla extract in the blender until smooth then top the moulds up with the ice cream mixture, insert wooden lollipop sticks into the centre of each one and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove then gently from their moulds (if a little stuck then leave for a few minutes and try again) and coat with the melted chocolate immediately. A pastry brush or teaspoon works well. The chocolate will set quickly so tuck in or pop back into the freezer until you're ready.
Tip: try not to coat too thickly with chocolate to reduce the risk of breakage when biting into it!I
This recipe was created by Qualified Nutritionist Claire Turnbull who is an Author, Professional Speaker and the Director of the Mission Nutrition who offer nutrition consultations and workplace wellbeing services nationwide. For 75% off the cost of a nutrition consultation with Mission Nutrition, BOOK HERE Facebook: From @claireturnbullnz from @missionnutritionnz
Instagram: From @claire.turnbull from Mission Nutrition www.missionnutrition.co.nz